15 minute HIIT workout for men. Full body, no equipment workout that will challenge your whole body. Get sweat today, give this session a try! Let's do this.
15 Minute HIIT Workout For Men (Full Bodyweight Routine)
Set the interval timer to 30/10 seconds work/rest.
Do 3 full rounds of the following bodyweight exercises:
1. Walk around to hop
2. Spiderman push up
3. Sprinter step jump
4. Push up to ankle tap
5. Sit Outs
30 seconds work for each exercises, 10 seconds rest between. Once you move through all of your 5 exercises, following this time frame, make sure to get a sufficient rest before you jump into the next round.
90 seconds rest between rounds.
Total workout time: 15 minutes.
Workout training level: Intermediate
What Is HIIT Workout Routine?
The HIIT (High Intense Interval Training) workouts state for short training routines, performed in a timing frame where you have to work intensively for a certain period of time (work interval), followed by a rest interval.
This is a highly convenient training approach for the "busy folks" with limited time for fitness attending or with insufficient or lack of weights "underhand".
Your HIIT workouts can be performed without any equipment at all: bodyweight exercises, calisthenics, sprinting/running or swimming.
Besides that, you can always build a hiit workout routine with any available weights that you have access to: jumping rope, resistance bands, dumbbells or one dumbbell, kettlebell, sandbag, bulgarian bag even a light barbell.
When it comes to following an effective hiit workout routine, what will make the difference for you is the proper exercise intensity selection (based on your goal and training level) and how you will build the timing frame.
What Are The Benefits Of a HIIT Workout?
Here's what you can gain by following more hiit workout routines:
1. Better cardio & conditioning.
2. Improved strength endurance and stamina.
3. More energy and brain sharpness.
4. Increased calories burnt not just during your workout but hours afterwads.
5. If you don't like visiting the gym, you can follow only bodyweight (no equipment) hiit workout routines at a place of your convenience (literally anywhere).
6. Time efficient - there's nothing else so practical that you can do compared to the hiit routines. Workouts such this, will challenge your whole body and mindset as well. You will get a killer routine in 15-20 minutes or less.
7. Improved anabolic hormones - due to the high intensity of the hiit workouts, your anabolic hormones will increase (if you're not overtraining), which will lead to more lean physique, more lean muscle, less body fats and improved self-confidence which is critical for taking the most important decisions in life.
Does 15 Minute HIIT Workout Help Burn Belly Fat?
Yes and No.
The 15 minute hiit workout will help you burn more calories due to the high intense nature of the movements and workout frame as well.
However, your weight loss will be determined by a few more factors that we cannot just skip.
To enhance your fat/weight loss, you have to balance 3 main things in life:
1. Regular movement - here the 15 minute hiit workout is a great option for you, if visiting the gym is a difficult task for you and if you're tight on time to workout consistently.
2. Nutrition - I will not claim a strict diet here, instead, a good place to start is to include more real foods into your diet: meat, eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, potatoes, rice and probably oats (disclaimer: if you're alergic to some of the mentioned foods, please, skip this advice and consult with your doctor).
3. Sleep & recovery - without sufficint recovery and optimal sleep, you will never lose weight. It's all about your hormones. When we sleep, our body produces vital hormones that are critical for the proper funcion of your body. And if you're constantly sleep deprived or if generally, your sleep is bad, the weight loss will remain the most difficul task in your life. Fix that asap.
Is 15 Minutes of HIIT Workout Enough?
Normally, 15 minutes is lots of time if you workout intensively, in a timing interval or in a circuit fashion. Or both.
I will never claim that 15 minutes of hiit workout is optimal nor enough to get a 100% complete workout. However, something always beats nothing. And that's the case with the 15 minute hiit workouts.
If you stack your session wisely, you can target all of the muscles in your body, create the stimulus and if you manage to be consistent, achieving results will be an unavoidable part of the process.
Disclaimer: this is a pure 15 minute hiit workout, however, I highly advice you to warm up properly before hitting this session. In a nutshell, if you warm up and perform this great workout, then the total duration of this routine would be somewhere between 25 and 30 minutes.
Can You Do a 15 Minute HIIT Workout Every Day?
If you're pressed on time to workout consistently or if the long workouts get you bored, then sure thing, doing more 15 minute hiit workouts through your week will be a great approach for you.
Now let me answer your question.
Doing 15 minute hiit workout every day is not the healthiest approach to training. Why? Hormones. Like already explained in the first chapter of this post, the hiit workouts states for high intense sessions.
With that spoken, your body needs recovery and pushing the pedal hard 7 days per week will do more harm than good to your body.
And while we're still on this subject, a question arises...
How Many Times Per Week Should You Do 15 Minute HIIT Workouts?
We have already discussed that doing hiit workouts every day is not a smart approach for your body nor your hormones as well. Honestly, you can seriously harm your body's inner balance that will cost you a lot in the future. Avoid that at any cost!
So how many 15 hiit workouts per week to follow?
3-4 workouts wil be more than enough. To make things even more interesting, I would suggest to include 3 interval and 3 hiit workouts per week. This is only a case if you want to workout consistently, build the training habit and achieve fast results.
But what is the difference between a 15 minute interval workout and a 15 minute hiit workout?
Both routines are stacked into a time interval frame. However, with the hiit sesssion, the intensity is considered higher. Which means that with the interval workouts, you can step back, take your time and perform the exercises more slowly. That will also help with the muscle build process.
tired of failing with your fitness goals?
Work With Me
- 1Get a Custom Bodyweight Training Program - workout anywhere, anytime, on your tight schedule.
What Are The Best HIIT Exercises?
This is another important question that needs an answer.
Here are a couple of ideas and exercises that you can include in your 15 minute hiit workout:
1. Bodyweight exercises - this is staple, include upper body, lower body or full body no equipment exercises.
2. Light resistance bands - 15-25lbs RB will be a good option here.
3. Light dumbbells - here you have a few options. My go-to is 1kg (2lbs) mini dumbbells which I will use to do shadow box. You can also use 6-10kg (10-20lbs) dumbbells for muscle build purposes.
4. Light kettlebell - begin with 14-16kg kettlebell and increase the weight gradually over time.
5. Jumping rope - any kind of jump rope will do wonders for your 15 minute hiit workout.
Is This 15 Minute HIIT Workout Too Intense For You?
This 15 minute hiit workout is for an intermediate training level. However, we can always adjust the intensity of this routine in order to fit a lower training level.
To do so, we need to switch the timing intervals from 30/10 seconds work/rest to 20/20 seconds work/rest.
That way, you will work less and rest more.
What about if you cannot do regular push ups? I will advice you to perform the two push up variations from this workout (spiderman push up and ankle tap push up) on a bench.
This way the intensity will be way less and you will manage to endure the whole 15 minute hiit workout.
Is This 15 Minute HIIT Workout Too Easy? Try This...
If this workout is too easy for you, then again, you have to adjust the time frame.
Option 1 - change the time frame to 45/15 seconds work/rest.
Option 2 - change the time frame to 50/10 seconds work/rest.
Option 3 - change the time frame to 60/20 secodns work/rest.
Begin from option 1 and move gradually once you progress. While you're moving through option 1 to option 3, your workout's intensity is increasing gradually.
Can You Gain Muscle With HIIT Training?
Let's clear a misconception that is often made.
The 15 minute hiit workouts nor a longer hiit sessions are a magical approach to weight loss, getting your whole body well conditioned, endured and with outstanding cardio.
But if your goal is to gain lean muscle and get jacked, then this approach is not for you. I would suggest you to follow a more traditional muscle building training programs.
What about if your goal is to get jacked but you're still pressed on time?
Lift weights, and "stack" your lifting exercises into circuit workouts. Not hiit but circuit workouts. This way, you will save lots of time while throwing tons of repetitions. This is hard but will deliver great results while allowing you to train just 3-4 times per week max.
Before You Go, Check These Bodyweight HIIT Workouts!
Today I have intoduced yourself to a 15 minute hiit workout for men (full body). We have discussed a lot in this post.
Vital things such as what actually is a hiit workout, what benefits you will gain by doing more 15 minute hiit workouts, can you do these routines every day, if not, how many workouts per week should you follow and a few more things.
In my opinion, you can get fit and stay fit by following 15 minute hiit workouts only. The game changer here would be the weekly workout frame that you follow.
Due to the fact that 15 minutes is not much of a time for a "complete workout", I suggest you to apply a high frequency training ideology. Otherwise said, 6 workouts per week by following 3 x 15 minute hiit workouts and 3 x 15 minute interval training routines.
And if you have skipped the difference between these both, then here it is: the hiit workouts are with faster tempo and higher intensity. From the other side, the interval training workouts could be performed with slightly slower tempo and lower intensity (less repetitions per interval).
That approach will allow you to balance your hard and not so hard work and help your body recover better, faster and prepare yourself to push the pedal hard for your 15 minute hiit workouts.
So what happens next?
Give this 15 minute hiit workout a test drive and let me know how it was for you.
I would love to connect!
Which bodyweight exercise of this 15 minute hiit workout did you like most?
Here's another great 15 minute hiit workout you can try. Click here.
Thanks For Reading!