20 Minutes HIIT Workout You Can Do Anywhere. Get Ready To Get Challenged. Full Body, No Equipment Routine That Will Get You Sweat. Guaranteed. Try Today!
20 Minutes HIIT Workout
(At Home Full Body Routine)
Your 20 Minutes HIIT Workout
Set the interval timer to 20/10 seconds work/rest.
Do 5 full rounds of the following bodyweight exercises:
1. T Push Up
2. Speed Burpee to Jumping Lunge
3. Grappler Push Up
4. Skater Jump
5. Side Kick Outs
20 seconds work for each exercises, 10 seconds rest between. Once you move through all of your 5 exercises, make sure to get a sufficient rest before you jump into the next round.
90 seconds rest between rounds.
Total workout time: 20 minutes.
Workout training level: Intermediate
HIIT Workout Routine?
Let's begin with a quick explanation of what is the HIIT workout routine.
The HIIT (High Intense Interval Training) workout routines states for short training routines, performed in a timing frame (structure) where you have to work intensively for a certain period of time (work interval), followed by a rest interval.
This is a highly convenient training approach for the "busy folks" with limited time for fitness attending.
Your HIIT workouts can be performed without equipment: bodyweight exercises, calisthenics, sprinting/running or swimming.
Besides that, you can always build a hiit workout with any available weights that you have access to: jumping rope, resistance band, dumbbells, kettlebells, sandbags etc.
When it comes to following an effective hiit workout, what will make the difference for you is the exercise intensity selection (based on your goal and training level) and how you will outline your workout.
What Are The Benefits
Of This 20 Minutes
Here's what you can gain by following this 20 minutes hiit workout:
1. Better cardio & conditioning.
2. Improved strength endurance and stamina.
3. More energy and brain productivity.
4. Increased calories burnt not just during your workout but hours afterwads (this is called the "after-burn" effect).
5. If you don't like visiting the gym, you can perform bodyweight hiit workouts anywhere you like.
6. Time efficient - you will get a killer full body routine in 20 minutes.
7. Improved anabolic hormones - due to the high intensity of the hiit workouts, your anabolic hormones will spike up , which will lead to a more lean physique, more lean muscle, less body fats and improved self-confidence which is critical for taking the most vital decisions in life.
Does The 20 Minutes
Help Burn Belly Fat?
Sure thing. 20 minutes is sufficient time to move your body under high-effort conditions.
This 20 minutes hiit workout will help you burn more calories due to the high intense nature of the movements and workout frame as well.
However, your weight/fat loss will be determined by a few more factors besides the workout itself.
Here's what you need to cover in order to achieve results:
1. Regular & proper movement - here the 20 minutes hiit workout is a great option for you, if visiting the gym is a difficult task and if you're tight on time to workout consistently.
2. Nutrition - focus on a balanced diet with less junk food. Also, make sure to be in a slight caloric deficit.
3. Sleep & recovery - without good recovery and optimal sleep, you will never lose weight or the results will be insignificant. It's all about hormones. When you sleep, your body produces vital hormones that are crucial for the proper funcion of the body. And if you're constantly sleep deprived or if generally, your sleep is bad, the weight loss will remain the most difficul task in your life.
Is 20 Minutes
HIIT Workout Enough?
20 minutes is a significant time to hit the whole body. However, if your goal is to get jacked, pumped and gain muscle, then the 20 minutes hiit workout will not do miracles to you.
From the other hand, if you want to tone up, feel more energized, get sweaty and get tons of fun, then this session is great for you.
Can You Do a
20 Minutes HIIT Workout
Due to the fact that 20 minutes is not much of a time investment, sure you can do. However, doing 20 minutes hiit workout every day will do more harm than good to your body.
Let me explain.
The HIIT workouts are hard (if you do these properly). With that in mind, I do not recommend to follow HIIT workouts every day.
However, here's what you can do in order to workout more frequently (6 days per week) and avoid visiting the crowded GYM.
1. Do 3 x 20 minutes HIIT workouts per week.
2. Do 3 interval (less intense) workouts per week.
The difference between the HIIT and Interval workouts is in the intensity of your exercise performance. Which means that if you do more 20 minutes HIIT workouts, you will have to push the pedal hard, like - really hard.
Controversy, the interval workouts will also be created in a time interval frame, but the intensity here can be lower compared to the hiit workouts. Pick easier exercises and perform these with lower speed. You can also increase the rest intervals between your movements.
How Many Times Per Week
Should You Do a
20 Minutes HIIT Workout?
To build an optimal HIIT workout routine, make sure to include 3 HIIT workouts and 2-3 Interval workouts per week.
Alternate these in order to maintain a good activity on a daily basis and allow your body to recover at the same time. In a nutshell, your Interval workouts will be the less-intense and recovery sessions.
These routines will allow your body to get rid of the accumulated lactic acid in the muscles and prepare your body for the upcoming hiit workout on the next day.
So here's an exemplary workout weekly frame that you can follow:
1. Monday - 20 minutes HIIT workout
2. Tuesday - Interval workout - 15-20 minutes duration
3. Wednesday - 20 minutes HIIT workout
4. Thursday - Interval workout - 15-20 minutes duration
5. Friday - 20 minutes HIIT workout
6. Saturday - Interval workout - 15-20 minutes duration
7. Sunday - Full Rest
What Are The Best
You Can Use For
Your HIIT Workouts?
When I build a 20 minutes HIIT workout for my clients, I want to make sure that I will include the following exercises:
1. Exercise 1 - upper body exercise
2. Exercise 2 - lower body exercise
3. Exercise 3 - upper body exercise
4. Exercise 4 - lower body exercise
5. Exercise 5 - core/abs exercise
Can you notice a pattern here? The alternation between an upper body and a lower body exercise will allow your body to recover between the sets. That approach is preached by the most influential coaches in the fitness industry.
What about if 5 exercises are too much to remember?
You can always build an outstanding full body 20 minutes hiit workout by doing only full body, more-complex bodyweight exercises. Make sure to include 2-3 more complex movements such as burpees or crawling variations. That way, you will have to do less movements.
What about including any training tools (besides the bodyweight exercises) into your 20 minutes hiit workout?
Here are a couple of ideas for you:
1. Light resistance bands - 15-25lbs RB will be a good option here.
2. Light dumbbells - here you have a few options. My go-to is 1kg (2lbs) mini dumbbells which I will use to do shadow boxing. You can also use 6-10kg (10-20lbs) dumbbells for a bit more high effort exercises.
3. Light kettlebell - begin with 14-16kg kettlebell and increase this weight gradually over time.
4. Jumping rope - any kind of jump rope will do wonders for your 15 minute hiit workout.
Is This 20 Minutes HIIT Workout
Too Intense For You?
If you're a beginner but yet want to do more 20 minutes hiit workouts into your training program, then I cover your back.
Here's what you need to do.
Make sure to adjust the timing frame of this workout. Instead to follow 20/10 seconds work/rest timing protocol, switch to 20/20 even 20/30 seconds work/rest frame.
This way, the intensity will drop and you will manage to endure the full 5 rounds.
Too Easy? Try This...
If this workout is too easy for you, then again, you have to adjust the time frame.
Option 1 - change the time frame to 30/10 seconds work/rest.
Option 2 - change the time frame to 45/15 seconds work/rest.
Option 3 - change the time frame to 50/10 secodns work/rest.
Begin from option 1 and move gradually once you progress. While you're moving through option 1 to option 3, your workout's intensity is increasing gradually.
The Truth About HIIT Workouts
Let's clear a misconception that is often made.
if your goal is to gain lean muscle and get jacked, then this approach is not for you. I would suggest you to follow a more traditional muscle building training programs.
What about if your goal is to get jacked but you're still pressed on time?
Lift weights, and "stack" your lifting exercises into circuit workouts. Not hiit but circuit workouts. This way, you will save lots of time while throwing tons of repetitions. This is hard but will deliver great results while allowing you to train just 3-4 times per week max.
The HIIT workouts will help you get endured, more conditioned, burn extra calories, evenaually more fat and get your Fitter.
Once you're clear what to expect, you will not be dissapointed later.
Get a Custom Workout Program
(No Gym Required)
Before You Go, Check These Bodyweight HIIT Workouts!
Summary Of The
20 Minutes HIIT Workout
Today I have intoduced yourself to a 20 minutes hiit workout for men. We have discussed a lot in this post.
Vital things such as what actually is a hiit workout, what benefits you will gain by doing more 20 minutes hiit workouts, can you do these routines every day, if not, how many workouts per week should you follow and a few more things.
In my opinion, you can get fit and stay fit by doing more 20 minute hiit workouts. The game changer here would be the weekly workout frame that you pick.
So what happens next?
Give this one a test drive and let me know how it was for you.
I would love to connect!
Which bodyweight exercise of this 20 minutes hiit workout did you like most?
Here's another great 20 minutes hiit workout you can try. Check it out here.
Thanks For Reading!