15 minute circuit workout at home. No equipment, high intense, full body routine. Let’s have some fun!
15 Minute Full Body
Circuit Workout at Home
Your Circuit Workout at Home in Details:
Let’s jump straight to your 15 circuit workout at home:
Do 4 Rounds | 4 Exercises | Working for 30 seconds | Rest for 15 seconds | Rest between rounds: 60 seconds
1. Frog push up to jump squat
2. Diagonal chop (switch side each round)
3. Lateral Burpee Jump
4. Box, chair or bench jump
How Do You Create a Circuit Workout at Home?
There are multiple ways to create an effective circuit workout at home or outdoor as well. In today’s session, I have combined 2 full body exercises, one core rotational movement and one plyometric exercise as well.
Enough with that, now let’s look closer into how precisely to create efficient full body circuit workout at home:
1. Use as many full body/complex exercises that will target all of your muscles, increase the overall intensity of your session, help you burn more calories and basically, be easier to remember due to the lower number of exercises. This way, you will not get overwhelmed or get confused of remembering 7-8, even 10 exercises and which one to follow next.
2. Alternate upper body and lower body exercises – this is another outstanding way to build your circuit workouts at home:
. By following this advice, you will manage to give some rest to your muscles and as result, you will perform more efficiently and get overall – better workout!
How To Do A Circuit Workout at Home?
To do an efficient circuit workouts at home, you will mostly use bodyweight exercises. However, I have prepared a few training tools that will level up your circuit workouts at home. Here they are:
1. Resistance bands – the circuit strength resistance bands are the most durable ones and will last your for a long time ahead.
2. Jumping rope – it’s not the most conenient workout tool to be used at home environment, however, if you live in a house or at the first floor, it’s not a bad idea to invest in the rope.
3. Kettlebell – the kettlebells are one of the ultimate weights that you can use. And the best part is that you can workout right next to your bed! Plus, the KBs are practcal so these will not take much space in your room.
4. Pair of dumbbells – another great investment that will last decades and serve you well.
5. Bulgarian bag or Sandbag – another 2 practical weight and functional workout tools that can be from a huge benefit to your body.
Now you have 5 more ideas of how to perform your circuit workouts at home. Simply pick 3-5 exercises with one or more of the objects above and perform each one without any rest between. Rest once you finish the whole round and then repeat for as many rounds as your training level will fit.
Circuit Workouts At Home For Beginners
The circuit workouts at home for beginners should be simple and with enough intensity in order to begin your process and help you progress as fast as you can.
If you are a beginner, you should follow these steps:
1. Make sure to warm up properly – this is from an upmost importance in terms of injury prevention, getting more ficused and effective workouts, and helping you with your recovery post-workout.
2. Slow The Tempo!!! – yes, you read this right, as a beginner in the circuit workouts at home, you might make the critical mistake of doing your exercises too fast. This will not lead to muscle gains and will certainly inhibit the quality of your exercise technique.
Are Circuit Workouts Effective?
The circuit workouts are highly effective training approach for people pressed on time to workout consistently. In addition, if you’re not using any equipment at all, you can perform these at home, outdoor or while you travel which makes the circuit workouts a highly convenient training style.
The circuit workouts at home or outdoor as well, are highly brain-engaging. In other words – these sessions are super fun and will never get you bored.
Plus, the variety of exercises that you can include is huge and this leads to constant stress, applied to your body which leads to one thing – adaptation and results.
How Often to Do A Circuit Workout?
Taking the fact that 15 minute workout is not much of a time, you have to apply such routine at least 4-5 times per week in order your body to receive constant muscle and energy systems stimulation.
But before that, you have to do your homework. Write down your workouts. Pick 4 exercises at least per workout. And you can proceed in numerous ways when you build your training plan.
Here are two workout designs that you can use right away:
1. Go for repetitions on each exercise – 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 20 jump squats, 30 sit ups and go for rounds (this is just an example).
2. Go for time of work and rest (interval training) – something like 30 seconds work, 15 seconds off, 45 seconds work, 15 seconds off, 20 seconds work, 10 seconds off. You get the idea.
How Many Exercises Should Be In My Circuit Workout at Home?
To get a full body, highly effective circuit workout at home, include at least 4-5 exercises. 2 for the upper body, 2 for the lower body and 1 for the core/abs. This is a complete circuit workout frame that you can follow in order to get a complete session.
On the other hand, based on your training level, you should follow this advice: the more beginner you are, the less exercises you should include in your circuit workouts at home. The simple reason behind that is the complexity of your routine.
If you include 6-8 exercises in your circuit workouts, it’s guaranteed that you will mess this up, get confused and forget what exercise you should be following next. Make sure to keep it simple and not over-complicate the process at your very beginning of your circuit training journey.
Once you progress and become more proficient with your circuit workouts, then start increasing gradually the number of performed exercises in a single circuit.
One more thing, if you want to throw more training volume into your circuit workouts at home, you could do more than 1 circuit with less exercises included for each. This way, you will do more work while avoiding any unnecessary complexity or confusion.
What Is A Good
A good circuit workout at home is the one that you will like doing, stick with and essentially deliver results to your body. There is not a perfect circuit training scenarion. You should be challenged, burn lots of calories and target your full body.
You can always separate these sessions for upper and lower body as well, but kkeep in mind that by targeting more full body workouts, you will manage to burn way more calories which at the end of the day and week as well is what will make the difference for you.
How Many Times Per Week
Should I Do Circuit Training?
If you want to do only circuit traning workouts at home or outdoor, then 3-5 routines will be enough to lose weight, skyrocket your energy, focus, and stamina.
If your goal is to perform circuit training from time to time to work on your cardio, conditioning and simply enhance your GYM work/Fitness and lose some extra weight, then you can perform full body circuit work outs 2-3 times a week by adding these as lifting routine finishers or as a stand alone sessions.
Is Circuit Training
Good For Weight Loss?
Definitely. The circuit training can help you tremendously with your weight loss. However, the circuit workouts at home or outdoor are not the magical pill to weight loss. Keep in mind that your sleep and diet are mandatory too. If you don’t sleep well and if you’re not in a caloric deficit, then your weight loss will remain a myth.
The simple truth is that there is not magical training approach. The whole system towards achieving your goals is a complex one and you cannot afford to count just to one of the 3 main aspects which are recovery/sleep, nutrition and supplementation, movement/training/working out.
If you neglect one of the three main health factors, then achieving your desired weight loss goal will remain difficult and often times, impossible.
So make sure to pursuit this balance and you will be amazed how easy it is to get what you deserve.
FREE & Exclusive
5 Day Workout Plan
HIIT Full Body Challenge
Here’s What You Get:
- 5 day hiit bodyweight workout plan
- 5 full follow along video workouts
- 15-20 minute duration video workouts
- No Equipment Required
- Follow your workouts at home, outdoor or while you travel.
Summary Of The 15 Minute
Circuit Workout at Home
Include at least 1 or 2 – 15 minute full body workouts in your training plan. If you are short on time and want to have a bit more fun with your process while gain consistent results then I highly advice you to start doing circuit training.
Use only bodyweight circuit workout as a start and then you can implement a resistance band and a jump rope for example (if you want to avoid visiting the gym). If not, kettlebells, dumbbells and more.
If you like working out besides other people and hit the gym then you can pick a dumbbells, a kettlebell and you are basically done. Start today, stop procastinating the big potential that you have. Full body workouts are an amazing way to get into a kick-ass shape without living in the gym or in the training process itself.
Thanks for reading.