7 outdoor HIIT workouts for beginners. Full body circuits that will make you feel good in 5-30 minutes time. Follow along videos. No equipment. Let's GO!
7 Outdoor HIIT Workouts For Beginners (Full Body Circuits)
If you are looking for full body HIIT workout circuits that will not take much of your time, and are beginner-friendly, then this is the only article you will need.
Below we will review 2 dynamic warm up videos which you can choose from and use before the 5 follow along outdoor HIIT workout videos which will be presented to you in a few minutes.
Training outdoors always makes you feel better afterward because of the fresh air, sunlight exposure and the sense of freedom that is experienced. Somehow, by moving outdoors, your body and mindset equally get charged and the feeling afterward is always a positive one.
What you should do now is to bookmark this page since you will discover 5 full body HIIT workouts (folow along workout videos) that will serve you well not just today but for time ahead!
4 Benefits Of Training Outdoors
Before getting in more detail regarding the 5 outdoor HIIT workouts for beginners, we will first look at the outdoor HIITs and why such will benefit your body and mental health:
1. Outdoor workouts are great because of the sun exposure that will trigger your body to release vitamin D3 and which will result in an improved overall mood because the sunlight exposure increases serotonin and it's a hormone of happiness, hence, if its levels are increased, you will feel better and happier.
2. Outdoor training is a potent stress relief method because when you are outdoor, you will feel more connected to your roots and disconnected by the screens.
3. Outdoor HIIT workouts are a great way to combine being out in nature while targeting all the muscles in your body without wasting much time and that will burn extra calories which is always a great addition if your goal is to lose weight and to get in better overall shape.
4. It's addictive - training outdoors is a highly efficient way to build the training habit which is mandatory for every fitness beginner. Without being consistent you will never meet the desired results and if performing at home workouts is not motivating to you, then you should definitely try working out outdoors.
How To Do HIIT Workouts Outside?
Training outdoors can be achieved in multiple ways such as doing bodyweight HIIT workouts, running sprints, jumping rope and riding a bike. If you are a beginner, the best way to start working out outdoors is to do HIIT bodyweight workouts. Once progressing, you can include running, jumping rope, or riding a bike.
What Are The Outdoor HIIT Circuits?
The outdoor HIIT workout circuits are a couple of exercises combined and performed one after the other with small or without any resting periods between. HIIT circuits normally include 3-10 bodyweight exercises. As a beginner, focus on the exercise technique and tempo of execution. These two are crucial for a good beginner outdoor HIIT workout because if you try to do everything at a fast pace, but your technique is lacking, then there might be risks for injuries which we should always aim to avoid. Once progressing, you can increase the exercise performance speed.
Can Beginners Do Bodyweight HIIT Circuits?
The outdoor circuits are great for the fitness beginner since such quick, intense and full body routines will rapidly improve the strength endurance and cardio at the same time. HIIT circuits will basically provide your body with the best of both worlds - resistance work combined with cardio and conditioning. Doing more outdoor HIIT circuits is a great idea for anyone who needs to improve overall fitness and to feel better.
What Is a Good Outdoor HIIT Workout?
A good outdoor bodyweight HIIT workout would be a bodyweight circuit routine, a running interval workout, or a jump rope HIIT routine. There are multiple other ways to do outdoor HIIT but these are sufficient to provide you with a high number of training ideas which to use and try in your HIIT workout plan. Otherwise, a good outdoor HIIT would be considered as a full body session that can be implemented outdoors, would be convenient and will not take hours out of your precious time.
Use These Dynamic Warm Ups Before Doing HIIT Outdoors
Warming up before doing outdoor HIIT circuits or any type of outdoor HIITs is vital because a few things will be achieved when such a short warm up routine is conducted:
1. The core temperature will increase and that itself will wake up the nervous system. The nervous system is responsible for the proper movement of the limbs, hence, only by doing that, your workout performance will improve significantly.
2. The joints and ligaments will stretch and overall the limb's range of motion will improve which will take a direct carryover to the upcoming session since it will be easier for you to perform each exercise easier and with fewer frustrations.
3. The HIIT bodyweight exercises will feel right and in the right working muscles. The mind-muscle connection will improve and the focus on each performed repetition will be higher. It will outcome in better muscle contraction and a better exercise outcome due to the right muscle activation. You will also gain muscle if such an approach is used in the right way.
7 Bodyweight Outdoor HIIT Circuits (Full Body)
Below we will review 5 full body outdoor HIIT workout ideas. All videos below are follow-along so you don't have to think about anything but to warm up properly, play the video and replicate all movements presented inside. In addition, below each video, you will find a link that will lead you to a dedicated article on the particular HIIT workout. So if you need further information, make sure to gain more knowledge and clearance by accessing and reviewing these pages.
5 Minute Outdoor HIIT Workout For Beginners
This 5 minute HIIT workout for beginners will combine the whooping 10 bodyweight exercises. You will perform each move for 30 seconds in a circuit fashion without resting between each move!. This is what makes this session a highly effective one.
Here is the HIIT exercise list:
1. Side to side high knees.
2. Beginner speed burpee.
3. Feet on fire to 3 drop lunges.
4. Superman pulldown.
5. Push up isometric hold with jump outs.
6. Squat to thoracic rotation.
7. High to low bird dog plank.
8. 3 way jump squat.
9. Plank ankle taps.
10. Sprinter sit up.
7 Minute Outdoor HIIT Circuit
The following 7 minute HIIT workout for beginners will challenge your body with a total of 6 movements. Each should be done for 30 seconds one after the other and without any rest between. Once completed, you will rest for 1 minute and will repeat for a second round.
The HIIT cardio exercise list:
1. Squat rotation to knee tap
2. Push up iso hold to jump out
3. Squat to reverse lunge to kick
4. Bear crawl to crab crawl
5. High knees to mountain climbers
6. Plank ankle taps
10 Minute Outdoor HIIT Cardio Workout
The following 10 minute HIIT cardio workout for beginners is built out of 6 movements. 30/20 seconds on/off for each, 2 total rounds should be performed with 1 minute rest between.
The HIIT exercise list:
1. Squat to drop lunge combo.
2. Push up isometric hold to jump out.
3. 3 way jump squat.
4. Speed burpee.
5. Plank ankle tap.
6. Sprinter sit up.
12 Minute Outdoor HIIT Workout
This 12 minute beginner bodyweight HIIT workout consists of 5 exercises. 30/20 seconds work/rest protocol for each move. 3 total rounds to complete. No resting periods between each round - this means you will move through the full 12 minute duration without resting for more than 20 seconds between each move.
The bodyweight cardio exercise list:
1. Jumping lunge to knee kick.
2. T push up with row.
3. Side to side pulsing squat.
4. Alternating stationary monkey walk.
5. Low bird dog plank.
15 Minute Full Body Outdor Circuit Without Equipment
This 15 minute HIIT workout for beginners will challenge your full body with 6 bodyweight movements. Each to be performed for 30 seconds followed by 20 seconds of rest.
3 total rounds to finish.
1 minute rest between each working round.
The HIIT exercise list:
1. Squat to thoracic rotation to knee tap.
2. Walk out push up.
3. Side to side pulsing squat.
4. High knees to sit out - 8 high knees to 4 sit outs.
5. Plank twists to push up.
6. Sprinter sit up.
20 Minute Outdoor HIIT Workout
The following 20 minute HIIT workout for beginners is created by combining 8 cardio exercises. 30/20 seconds on/off.
3 total rounds to be completed.
1 minute rest between each working round.
The HIIT bodyweight exercise list:
1. Side to side high knees (short)
2. Squat to thoracic spine rotation
3. Superman pulldown
4. Feet on fire to 3 jumping lunges
5. Walk out push up to sit out
6. Speed burpee
7. Alternating static monkey
8. Plank push up to back jump
30 Minute Outdoor HIIT Workout For Beginners
The following 30 minute outdoor HIIT workout is the last one from these 7 outdoor HIIT workouts for beginners. This session will chalenge you with 8 HIIT cardio moves. 30/20 seconds work/rest.
4 total rounds should be performed.
2 minutes rest between each working round.
The cardio exercise list:
1. 3 Way Jump Squat
2. Push Up Iso Hold to Jump Outs
3. Squat to Drop Lunge Exercise
4. Ankle Tap Push Up to Jump In
5. High Knee Run In Place to Drop Squat Hold
6. Speed Burpee to Broad Jump
7. High to Low Bird Dog Plank
What Is The Best Outdoor Exercise For Weight Loss?
The best outdoor exercise for weight loss is any full body HIIT exercise that will equally challenge your body and muscles in a resistance way while the movement will demand your cardiovascular system to be triggered and challenged as well. The reason being is that you will equally build strength endurance and cardio. This is a highly proficient and practical way of gaining rapid results with your fitness and a smart approach to get in better shape without investing hours in training.
What Are Good Examples Of HIIT Exercises That Can Be Done Outside?
In the video above, you can find 21 total body HIIT exercises that can be performed anywhere and anytime. These moves are full body and will do exactly what we have discussed above this chapter - you will get more strength endured, with better muscle definition and with a good level of cardio reserves. In addition, because of the high-dynamic style of these moves, you will burn lots of calories which if being applied with a diet where you are going to be in a caloric deficit, the results will not late.
Can You Get a Ripped Body With Bodyweight HIITs?
For that reason, being ripped is possible for achievement by exercising only with your own body weight, but unfortunately, you will have to dig beyond that in order to understand the real meaning of a ripped human body.
How Often To Do Outdoor HIITs?
If you are going to perform only HIIT workouts, then 3-4 full body routines per week will be sufficient to progress without overtraining. Focus on HIIT workouts that will last 5 to 30 minutes duration and avoid doing such everyday because you will not get rapid results this way nor it's efficient and healthy.
Doing high-intensity circuits too often and too much will lead to multiple health issues that will reflect not just with your body and mindset, but your lifestyle will suffer too because of it. Some of the negatives are: disrupted hormonal balance, gained weight and fats, increased or decreased appetite, severe muscle loss, high risks for injuries, sleep problems, anxiety, constant mood swings etc.
Doing outdoor HIIT workouts for beginners will help you overall get in better shape without investing any single $ for this. What you should do is to bookmark this page since you will discover 5 full body HIIT workouts (folow along workout videos) that will serve you well and will motivate yourself to tdo something valuable to you.
Today we have reviewed 5 full body outdoor HIIT workouts for beginners. A quick dynamic total body warm up has been provided too. All sessions are outlined with a title, the workout video and a brief explanation about the workout itself. Below each outdoor HIIT workout video, you will find as well a dedicated link to a video relevant and a thorough article on the matter. There, you will find additional content and information that might benefit everyone.
What is your favorite outdoor HIIT workout?
To your Fitter self,